Cleaning Product Found in Popular Drink Reason for Recall in Minnesota
One of the strangest recalls I've seen yet was just released by The Kraft Heinz Company. About 5,760 cases of their popular drink, Capri Sun, have been voluntarily recalled in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and throughout the United States due to a cleaning solution in the juice. Yes, if you don't pull this out of your kitchen pantry now, your child could end up drinking cleaning solution. Gross!
Over 5,700 Cases of Capri Sun Recalled Due to Cleaning Solution IN the Product
After several complaints of Capri Sun's tasting wrong, the following recall announcement was made by The Kraft Heinz Company on August 12th, 2022:
The voluntary recall comes after diluted cleaning solution, which is used on food processing equipment, was inadvertently introduced into a production line at one of our factories. Only the Wild Cherry flavored Capri Sun products with the case/package information below are affected.
Details to know about the Capri Sun Recall
- The recall only impacts the Wild Cherry flavored Capri Sun products, 6.6 oz.
- Packaging is one of the following:
- Individual foil pouches sold in paperboard cartons
- Cases shipped to retailers includes 4 cartons that are shrink-wrapped together.
- “Best When Used By” date on the products is June 25, 2023
- See manufacturing codes and UPC's at kraftheinzcompany.com
What to do if you have any product that is part of the Capri Sun recall
If you have any items that are part of the recall, individuals are being told NOT to consume the recalled product. Returns can be made at the store where the product was bought. You can also contact Kraft Heinz at the following:
- 1-800-280-8252 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, at 1-800-280-8252
Read the entire statement by The Kraft Heinz Company on their website.
Kraft Heinz is currently working to have products pulled from shelves but in the meantime, check UPC and manufacturing codes if purchasing Wild Cherry Capri Sun products