Cancer Causing Agent found in Popular Deodorant Causing Recall in Minnesota and Iowa
If you are looking for your favorite deodorant on store shelves in Minnesota, Iowa, or Wisconsin and you can't find it, there is a very good chance that it was part of a huge recall. Procter & Gamble Company has voluntarily recalled some of their Old Spice and Secret products due to benzene being detected in the product.
Procter & Gamble have voluntarily recalled several Old Spice and Secret products
According to FDA.gov, the following products with an expiration date through September 2023 were voluntarily recalled by Procter & Gamble on November 23rd, 2021:
- 012044001912 - Old Spice High Endurance AP Spray Pure Sport 12/6oz
- 012044044759 - Old Spice Hardest Working Collection Inv Spray Stronger Swagger 3.8oz
- 037000729747 - Old Spice Hardest Working Collection Inv Spray Pure Sport Plus 12/3.8oz
- 037000730347 - Old Spice Hardest Working Collection Inv Spray Stronger Swagger 12/3.8oz
- 037000749479 - Old Spice Hardest Working Collection Inv Spray Ult Captain 12/3.8oz
- 037000695714 - Old Spice Below Deck Powder Spray Unscented 12/4.9oz
- 037000695707 - Old Spice Below Deck Powder Spray Fresh Air 12/4.9oz
- 037000586906 - Secret Aerosol Powder Fresh Twin Pack
- 037000711087 - Secret Aerosol Powder Fresh 12/6OZ
- 037000711094 - Secret Aerosol Powder Fresh 12/4OZ
- 037000723721 - Secret Fresh Collection Inv Spray Waterlily 3.8oz
- 037000729860 - Secret Fresh Collection Inv Spray Lavender 12/3.8oz
- 037000729914 - Secret Fresh Collection Inv Spray Water Lily 12/3.8oz
- 037000729921 - Secret Fresh Collection Inv Spray Light Essentials 12/3.8oz
- 037000798842 - Secret Fresh Collection Inv Spray Rose 12/3.8oz
- 037000747642 - Secret Outlast Inv Spray Completely Clean 12/3.8oz
- 037000747727 - Secret Outlast Inv Spray Protecting Powder 12/3.8oz.
- 012044048535 - Old Spice Pure Sport 2021 Gift Set
Benzene, a human carcinogen, is the reason for the voluntary product recall
The products above were sold in the United States and are reported to contain benzene, a human carcinogen. According to the recall on fda.gov, "exposure to benzene can occur by inhalation, orally, and through the skin and it can result in cancers including leukemia and blood cancer of the bone marrow and blood disorders which can be life-threatening." You can read more here.
What to do if you own products that are part of the Old Spice and Secret recall
If you have questions or need more information, you can contact the following:
- Consumer Care team at 888-339-7689 from Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 6:00pm EST.
- Visit www.oldspice.com or www.secret.com for more information about the impacted products and to learn how to receive reimbursement for eligible products.
- Consumers should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to using these products.
Take a whiff of these smells and you'll probably gag...or worse!
You know you are at a middle school because of the smell. Whew! Not sure what exactly happens but this is the stage when kids start to smell...in a bad way. Every middle school teacher and staff member deserve raises for working in that environment! That's just one smell that will make you gag a bit. Scroll below and check out a few of the others that will make you want to keep that mask on.