MnDOT Changing Highway 30 Intersection Near Stewartville Into Four-Way Stop
Stewartville, MN (KROC-AM News) - The Minnesota Department of Transportation will be changing the intersection of Highway 30 and Olmsted County Road 1 east of Stewartville to a four-way stop.
The changes are being made to improve safety at the intersection. MnDOT has recorded 17 crashes at the intersection in the last five years (2016-2021) including three serious-injury crashes, but no fatal crashes. Motorists can expect the change to start on Monday, April 4th.
MnDOT has seen an improvement in a similar conversion in Spring Valley at Highway 63/Highway 16/CR 1 intersection in the past two years.
The changes at Highway 30 and County Road 1 Include:
• Oversized stop signs will be placed on both sides of the road on the four roads that approach the intersection
• Stop signs on both sides of Highway 30 in each direction will have LED lights
• Stop ahead signs on all four approaches
• Stop bar painted at the intersection on all four approaches
• “Stop Ahead” painted on road approaching the intersection on all four approaches
Last week MnDOT installed digital message signs on the road alerting drivers that the change is coming on April 4.