The Best Halloween Race In Illinois Is Happening This Weekend
If you're looking for some fun festivities to help get you into the Halloween spirit, there's an event you definitely want to check out this weekend.
Halloween Themed Race This Weekend In Illinois
If you want a truly unique Halloween-themed event to help you get into the spirit of the season, I highly suggest making your way to a special race this weekend. Trust me, you've never seen anything like it before. It's not running, driving, or biking. It's the 10th annual Casket Races.
Details For The 10th Annual Casket Races
- Forest Park (just outside of Chicago)
- 7500 Madison Street (Beloit Avenue between Madison and Adams)
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes
- Awards for most frightfully funny and creepiest caskets
- Trophy for Dead Last
- The races start at 11 am
- Parade of caskets at 10:30 am
- Food vendors
- Costume contests for kids and pets
- 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm Trick or Treating (Madison Street)
- $30 entry fee for caskets
- Free to attend
- 585-foot course
- Riders must wear a helmet
- Pushers needed to move the casket through the course
- To register your team, HERE.
Outfit a "casket" (i.e. casket-shaped cart with wheels) in your favorite decor for this spooky annual race through the streets of downtown Forest Park, now in its 10th year.
For more info, HERE.