12 Rules Of The Road That Many Illinois Drivers Break Every Day
When it comes to driving in Illinois there are many laws to break but did you know you're doing it every day?
Learning To Drive In Illinois
It's been many years since I took driver's ed. That was my sophomore year of high school. Back then, you took it as a class for one quarter instead of gym. There were movies, textbooks, worksheets, quizzes, tests, lectures, and eventually behind the wheel. It was a pretty daunting task. Once that was finished, you were out on the street.
Imagine doing all that and more now. A couple of years ago, I had to take the written test to renew my license. I'm glad I looked over the Rules of the Road book because I would've failed. There are so many little things that most people forget. They hop in their car for work and break laws left and right.
10 Rules Of The Road That Many Illinois Drivers Break Every Day
- #1 Complete stop at stop sign.
- #2 Stop behind crosswalk.
- #3 Using cellphones.
- #4 Wearing seatbelt.
- #5 Wheels pointed in correction when parked on hill.
- #6 When backing out of driveway must go to right and not cross center line.
- # 7 Slow down at yield sign.
- #8 During a turn use the inside lane.
- #9 Pull over to right for emergency vehicles.
- #10 Turn signals needed for pulling off and on road.
- #11 Obey all speed limits.
- #12 Stay on your side of the street not middle.