Join Us For the Winter Walleye Connection
We're teaming up with our sister station KDHL The Mighty 920 on an annual fishing expedition, The Winter Walleye Connection. This year it's getting even better: they've added a day, and they're inviting you to join in on the fun. This adventure is fun for you or makes an incredible holiday gift for the outdoorsy person in your life.
Here's what KDHL's John Anderson has to say about the trip:
"I always look forward to taking my turn at hosting The Winter Walleye Connection at Ballard’s Resort on beautiful Lake of the Woods.This trip is one of a kind - a beautiful resort, incredible catches and an opportunity to get to know your fellow SE Minnesotans. For the trip in 2018, I am REALLY looking forward to it because the folks at Ballard’s have made it even better. We have added an extra day to the trip."
Here’s the new itinerary:
- Leave in the morning on Monday, Feb. 5, on a deluxe motor coach from Windstar lines, and get to the resort and enjoy a wonderful dinner.
- There will be two convenient pick-up and drop-off locations: Rochester and Faribault
- Get up on Tuesday to a great breakfast, then bombardier transportation to your fish house by your expert guide, where you'll fish all day and have lunch on the lake. Dinner will be back at the resort.
- Wednesday is another full day of fishing and with great meals from the resort.
- Then on Thursday, we'll have one final breakfast and then make the trip home with lunch on the bus, getting back late afternoon.
Sounds great, right?
The cost is only $530 per person if you book by Jan. 12 (deadline extended!), which includes round-trip coach transportation, three nights lodging, two days guided walleye ice fishing, nine meals, angling equipment and, of course, sales and lodging taxes.
Again, the dates are Monday, Feb. 5, to Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018. There are limited spaces, so make your reservations NOW. Call Ballard’s at (800) PRO-CORK (776-2675).