Dumb or Safe? More Rochester Businesses Have “Mask Required” Signs Up
"Masks Required" Signs Starting to Show Up in Rochester Again
Note to self: always have a mask with you. I happened to be running a few errands the other day and I didn't even put a coat on, just wore a hoodie as a coat like all of the high schoolers do in the butt cold of winter. Unfortunately, my masks are in my coat pocket and as I walked up to the door of People's Food Coop I saw that masks were required and I felt like a fool.
Next day, I popped into Potbelly's in downtown Rochester to grab some food for lunch and thankfully, I wore a coat this time with my masks in the pocket because they've got a sign up asking for masks as well.
Do you know of another place in Rochester that is requiring masks?
If you know another place in Rochester that is requiring masks that isn't listed below, let me know over on my Facebook Page - Jessica On The Radio here. Just add it in the comments to help everyone stay informed. You can also let me know if you think it is a dumb or safe decision as well.
List of places in Rochester, Minnesota that are requiring masks:
- University of Minnesota Rochester - August 3rd, 2021, the University of Minnesota Rochester started a mask mandate on their campus.
- City of Rochester buildings - August 5th, 2021, we heard that the City of Rochester buildings would be implementing a mask mandate.
- Rochester Public Schools - August 18th, 2021 is when the decision was announced that Rochester Public Schools would be requiring masks in buildings and while students are being transported.
- Treasure Island Resort and Casino - August 20th, 2021, news broke that Treasure Island Resort and Casino in Minnesota.
- Mayo Clinic - On December 29th, 2021, it was announced that Mayo Clinic was tightening its mask mandate policy.
- People's Food Coop
- Olmsted Medical Center
5 Ghost Kitchens in Rochester that are no longer a secret
As the COVID numbers continue to climb, I'm thinking about what foods I need to start stockpiling just in case my family gets hit with the virus. But, I know, if I need it, I can always order food in a pinch and have it delivered to my front door thanks to DoorDash. If you haven't heard, Rochester has quite a few ghost kitchens that have popped up, including a new one that opened on January 12th. Next time you need food delivered, maybe try one of these ghost kitchens!