Searching The Rochester Public Library Is Now Easier With New App
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - The Rochester Public Library has launched a new app to make it easier for customers to look for great books.
The app has several different features and tools to make it easier for customers to find titles, and a new tool for users to scan the barcode of an item and instantly see if it's available in the library.
“Libraries are in the business of getting people the information and resources they need,” says Library Director Audrey Betcher. “Apps are one way to highlight those resources.”
The Rochester Public Library App is available for both iOS and Android devices. It allows library users to easily locate books, DVDs, CDs, and other physical materials and place them on hold.
“This makes the searching process a lot easier on small devices, like a phone,” explains RPL’s Information Services Manager, Steve Mosing. “For years we’ve had customers telling us that it’s hard to search our website on mobile devices. This new app will make it a lot easier.”
The app is designed by SirsiDynix, the main software for managing library materials, the app includes the following features:
• Library Catalog Search- to view all items in the library catalog (including digital/online materials)
• ISBN Search- allows users to scan ISBN barcodes to see if the library has a copy available
• General library information
• Account information- to view library holds, due dates, checkouts, and more
• Links to library social media, library news, and the library events calendar
• Add family members to easily toggle between different accounts
Library users can download the new app here.