Over 1 Million Power Tools Sold in Minnesota Recalled Due to Injuries
A popular saw has been recalled and pulled from store shelves in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and throughout the entire United States due to 571 reports that a safety guard has been failing and 9 individuals reporting laceration injuries.
Over 1 Million DeWALT Saws Recalled Due to Laceration Injuries
According to CPSC.gov, close to 1,364,000 DeWALT miter saws sold in the United States have been recalled due to faulty rear safety guards which have led to 9 individuals reporting injuries. Below are important details to know about the recall:
- Model numbers that are part of the recall: DWS779, DWS780 and DHS790 Miter Saws. Saws with the date codes 2019 04 through 2022 04 are part of this recall.
- Description: The saws have a yellow body with black accents and the DeWALT logo. The model number is printed on the saw’s nameplate. Saws without a green dot on the name plate or a black dot on the arm of the saw are part of this recall.
- Where the products were sold: at Lowe's, The Home Depot, Amazon.com, and other hardware stores and websites nationwide between April 2019 and May 2022
- Price: This saw sold between $600 and $820
- Location of model numbers: You can find the model numbers in the following spots:
- For the DWS779 and DWS780 models the date codes are marked on the black plastic motor end cap adjacent to the name plate.
- For the DHS790 model, the date code is marked on the outside of the plastic yellow housing adjacent to the batteries.
What to do if you have one of the DeWALT saws that are part of the recall
If you have one of the products that are part of the recall, you are asked to immediately stop using the saw. You should also contact DeWALT to receive a free repair kit or discuss how to take the saw to a service center in one of the following ways:
- DeWALT at 800-990-6421 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday
- Online at https://www.dewalt.com/miter-saw-recall
Learn more about the recall at the CPSC.gov website here.