Over 225,000 Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms Recalled in Minnesota
A huge recall has been issued for Kidde TruSense smoke and carbon monoxide alarms due to the fact that it is failing to provide alerts. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, over 225,000 of these alarms are out there and could possibly be in homes in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois.
What Kidde TruSense Alarms Were Part of the Recall?
Go through your house right now and check all of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to see if they are one of the following:
- The recalled units are Kidde Model Series 2040, 2050, 2060 and 2070 Smoke and Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide alarms.
- Only alarms with the TruSense logo or “AMBER=FAULT” printed on the front of the alarm are included in this recall.
- Model numbers included in the recall are: (You can find the model number on the back of the alarm)
- 2040-DSR - Smoke
- 2050-DS10- Smoke
- 2060-ASR- Smoke
- 2070-VDSCR- Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide
- 2070-VASCR- Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide
- 2070-VDSR- Smoke
- 2070-VASR- Smoke
If you find any of these at your home, contact Kidde for a replacement at 844-796-9972 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET on Saturday or online at www.kiddetsalarmrecall.rsvpcomm.com or www.kidde.com and click on “Support” and then “Product Alerts” for more information.
Where were the recalled Kidde Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms sold?
The recalled alarms were sold at the following locations between May 2019 through September 2020 between $10 and $70:
- Home Depot
- other department, home and hardware stores and electrical distributors nationwide
- and other online retailers
You can see the full details of the recall on the Consumer Product Safety Commission website.
We Want To Know...What Should Go In This Empty Building in Rochester?
Rochester has a bunch of empty buildings but one in particular is looking a little rough. What do you think should go in the old Shopko store on the south side of Rochester? We've got a few suggestions below. Scroll through and see if any sound good to you...or tell me on Facebook another suggestion!