Rochester, Minnesota – Where to Park for Fireworks (Official List)
Where to Park for Rochester's 2022 4th Fest (including Fireworks)
The 4th Of July will be here before you know it, and you'll want to take part in all that's happening...but you don't want to be frustrated trying to find a place to park, or by road construction, so here's some info you'll need to head toward and away from Soldiers Field Memorial Park.
From the City of Rochester -
- Be aware of continued construction on 2nd Avenue SW, particularly near the intersection of 2nd Avenue and 4th Street SW which remains closed. Congestion may occur in this area. Ongoing construction projects can be monitored here (click for an awesome interactive map).
- Rochester Public Transit will be following the published holiday schedule on Independence Day. Only Routes 21-26 will operate Monday, July 4. Full schedule HERE.
- Given the potential for heavy vehicle and foot traffic on event day, we encourage you to plan extra time for travel to and from Soldiers Field Memorial Park all day on Monday, July 4.
View the full 4th Fest lineup and schedule of events here.
City Parking Options for 4th Fest at Soldiers Field Park
- 3rd Street Parking Ramp (100 3rd St SW)
- Soldiers Field Veterans Memorial Parking Lot (7th St. SW)
- Soldiers Field Swimming Pool Parking Lot (Soldiers Field Dr. SW)
- Soldiers Field Tennis Court Parking Lot (Soldiers Field Dr. SW)
- Roy Sutherland Playground Parking Area (Soldiers Field Dr. SW)
- Street Parking (Soldiers Field Dr. SW, George Gibbs Dr. SW)
- Street Parking (1st Ave SW, Near YMCA)
- Soldiers Field Parking Lot, Across the River (Broadway Ave S)
- All city and residential side streets, unless marked otherwise.
- (Unofficially, the Toys Backwards R Us lot is awesome for viewing the fireworks.)
Silver Lake Pool and Soldiers Field Pool will be open over the weekend
- Silver Lake Pool (840 7th Street SE) Silver Lake Pool hours for open swimming will be 12:00-8:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday and 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Independence Day Holiday hours are 12:00-5:00 p.m. Lifeguards are on duty at the pool during open swim hours.
- Soldiers Field Pool (244 Soldiers Field Drive SW) Soldiers Field Pool hours for open swimming will be 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. seven days a week. Independence Day Holiday hours are 12:00-5:00 p.m. Lifeguards are on duty at the pool during open swim hours.
- Additional information on pool hours and fees can be found here.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
Click Play to Hear The Y-105FM Early Morning Show Radio-On-Demand Podcast!
All the Fun on the Fourth!
Jessica Williams put together this awesome collection, have fun, get out and support your community.