Say It Ain’t So! Snow Predicted for Southeast Minnesota in 7 Days
Places in the Midwest Where Snow is Predicted to Fall in October
Rochester, we are loving the fall weather right now BUT as you already know, we get like 4 days that are awesome in the fall and then Mother Nature decides to ruin our life. 😟 Well, that time is about to hit according to the latest prediction by the Old Farmer's Almanac.
Their website was just updated and unfortunately, the word "SNOW" has been listed for Rochester, Minnesota. We aren't the only ones though. A whole list of specific towns and states in the Midwest where snow could start falling were added as well including the following:
- Minnesota - Bloomington, Duluth, Minneapolis, Rochester, and Saint Paul
- North Dakota - Fargo, Grand Forks, Jamestown, West Fargo
- South Dakota - Aberdeen, Brookings, Mitchell, Sioux Falls, Watertown
- Wisconsin - Appleton, Eau Claire, Green Bay, La Crosse, Oshkosh
- Michigan - Alpena, Escanaba, Marquette, Sault Ste. Marie, Traverse City
Forecast Prediction for the Entire Month of October for Southeast Minnesota
To help us prepare for the very midwest weather that is headed our way, the Old Farmer's Almanac shared the following prediction for the entire month.
- Oct 1-4 Sunny, mild
- Oct 5-7 Rainy periods, mild
- Oct 8-20 Snow showers, cold
- Oct 21-26 Sunny, turning mild
- Oct 27-31 Rain to snow east, sunny west; chilly
What's does the National Weather Service have to say about our upcoming forecast?
The National Weather Service actually has a spot called the Climate Prediction Center on their website that gives an idea of what to expect. From the photos that they updated this morning, we are in for some above-average precipitation in 8 to 14 days.
List of things you will want to do before it freezes in Minnesota
I'm planning to pack up my house and move to Texas where it is warmer but if you are planning on staying in Minnesota, below are a few things that you are going to want to do before it freezes.