UPDATE: Rochester Man Lost Both Eyes in Violent Assault
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Rochester police have released more information about a violent assault that occurred Friday afternoon.
Initial reports indicated a 74-year-old man had lost one of his eyes in the attack in his apartment. Police Capt. John Sherwin said Monday the victim actually lost both eyes and that they had been gouged out.
Sherwin says this is the first assault case of this nature (enucleation) he has heard of during his career with the RPD. He says the eyeballs were not located.
Sherwin says the victim also lost all his teeth in the attack.
Arrested was 18-year-old Mahad Aziz, who also lives at the apartment in the Square on 31st complex where the assault took place. Sherwin says no weapons were used in the attack and the motive is unknown. He says mental illness may have been involved.
Get local and national news on the go. Download our News-Talk 1340 KROC-AM App – available on Apple and Android devices.