Very 1st Concerts Ever At 12 Legendary Music Venues In Illinois
Illinois is home to many historic concert halls and have you ever wondered who graced the stage when those legendary music venues celebrated opening night?
Illinois Has A Deep Musical History Featuring Many Famous Bands And Concerts
It's probably because Chicago is a huge city and Illinois is centrally located in the United States but you can't deny the fact that our state has made a huge impact in the world of music. Fans travel from all over the world to see their favorite bands in our state.
Illinois is also home to some legendary concert venues. Since I'm a big music geek, I get excited to visit these historic places. I like to think back to when those halls were just opening. I wonder who played the very first shows on opening night. I did a little research to find out who played the debut events at those theaters.
The Very First Concert At 12 Iconic Music Venues In Illinois
- #1 Aragon Ballroom (Chicago) - Bill Haley and His Comets (March 12, 1956)
- #2 House of Blues (Chicago) - Blues Brothers (October 1, 1996)
- #3 Soldier Field (Chicago) - Fats Waller (August 19, 1939)
- #4 Wrigley Field (Chicago) - Little Richard (September 2, 1956)
- #5 Credit Union 1 Amphitheater aka World Music Theatre (Tinley Park) - Cher (June 2, 1990)
- #6 Riviera Theatre (Chicago) - Supertramp (April 20, 1975)
- #7 United Center (Chicago) - Billy Joel (October 19, 1994)
- #8 Allstate Arena aka Rosemont Horizon (Rosemont) - Fleetwood Mac (May 14, 1980)
- #9 UIC Pavilion (Chicago) - Scorpions (July 2, 1982)
- #10 Vic Theatre (Chicago) - Indigo Girls (November 9, 1981)
- #11 Northerly Island (Chicago) - Modest Mouse (June 28, 2005)
- #12 Metro (Chicago) - R.E.M. (July 25, 1982)