Purchase One Bowl of Soup in Rochester and Create More Than 50 Meals for People in Need
Several amazing local restaurants are coming together to help out with Channel One's Empty Bowls. The annual event is an important fundraiser for the regional food bank that provides meals for close to 12,000 families in our area each month.
This year's Empty Bowls event will take place on Oct. 12th and 13th, and will once again be a drive-thru event. Tickets are on sale now. Each ticket holder will enjoy a gourmet soup and bread from one of Rochester's premier restaurants and get a hand-painted bowl (while supplies last) to take home as a memento. See the soup menu below!
EMPTY BOWLS TICKET INFO:
This event is pre-order only. Orders close on Sunday, October 10 at 7:00 pm. 2 ticket options are available: Bowls (12oz) of soup are $15 and Pints (16oz) of soup are $20. Channel One says they can turn $1.15 into 4 meals for people in need. So that bowl of soup you enjoy will help them create over 50 meals.
WHICH ROCHESTER RESTAURANTS ARE SERVING SOUP AT EMPTY BOWLS
• Corn Chowder (VEG)
• Chorizo and White Bean Chili (GF)
Cameo at the Castle:
• Smoked Corn Bisque (GF/VEG)
• Chicken Gumbo
• Chicken Wild Rice
• Tomato Basil (GF/Vegan)
J Powers at the Hilton:
• Brown Butter Butternut Squash (GF/VEG)
• Shredded Chicken Enchilada with Roasted Poblano Peppers (GF)
• Tom Yum (GF) - A spicy and sour soup with shrimp, lemongrass, Thai chilies, mushroom, cilantro, and tomatoes.
• Tom Kha (GF) - A spicy and sour coconut milk chicken soup with lemongrass, Thai chilies, and mushroom.
Great Harvest Bread and HyVee are also donating food to be served.
GF = Gluten Free Veg = Vegetarian
Empty Bowls Online Auction
Several special hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind, bowls are available for purchase. Shop Now!