Warrant Issued for Fugitive After Incident at Rochester School
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News)-The Olmsted County Attorney’s Office issued an arrest warrant Wednesday against a Minneapolis man accused of having a gun in the parking lot of a Rochester middle school.
The criminal complaint says a woman in northwest Rochester reported that 22-year-old Jovan Soto also assaulted her on June 20 after the two met at the John Adams Middle School. She said Soto and her used to be in a relationship and that Soto threatened to harm her father if she refused to meet.
The woman said she went to the parking lot with two friends and Soto arrived on foot. Soto reportedly walked past the woman towards the woman’s vehicle while resting his hand on a gun the woman suspected him of carrying. The complaint says the woman thought Soto believed there was a man in the vehicle.
The complaint says the woman told officers she yelled for her friend to flee and the vehicle left the scene. The woman said Soto then turned back to the woman and punched her in the ribs before fleeing to the east.
The woman told the officer Soto hopped a fence between the school and a house. Officers talked to the house’s resident who confirmed Soto had been at the home but refused to let officers inside, the complaint says.
Court records indicate Soto has pending arrest warrants in Olmsted and Hennepin Counties and is considered a fugitive. Soto was adjudicated delinquent for aggravated robbery in January 2018. Soto is charged with felony possession of a firearm, felony possession of a dangerous weapon on school property and misdemeanor domestic assault.